Your contract is with JPIMedia Publications Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11575526 and our registered office is at Northcliffe House, Derry Street, London, W8 5TT . Our registered VAT number is 335 3843 96. You can contact us via the contact details at the foot of these Terms and Conditions.
- Age: We are only able to contract with you if you have the power to enter into this contract. This means that you will only be able to enter into this contract if you are 18 years or older (or 16 years or older if you live in Scotland).
- Access to paid-for content:
- You may subscribe for paid-for content to be provided through the App by completing an order process either in-App or through our website (https://inews.co.uk/app). If you do not purchase a subscription, your access to the App content and services will be limited.
- By subscribing for paid-for content you will be given unlimited access to our content within the App.
- Whilst we try to ensure that the App is available widely on tablets, smartphones, iPhone and iPad, we cannot guarantee that the App will be available on all such devices. If you have subscribed for paid-for content and cannot download or access the App on your specific device and we are not able to resolve this for you then you shall be entitled to cancel your subscription and receive a full refund.
- Please be aware that the subscription for paid-for content is an instantly accessible service and by purchasing a subscription, the service will start immediately. Please see paragraph 6 below for your cancellation rights.
- Subscription Options: We have three types of subscription options – fixed term subscriptions (as referred to in paragraphs 3.1, 6.1 and 6.5.1 below), minimum term renewal subscription (as referred to in paragraphs 3.2, 6.2 and 6.5.2 below) and in-App monthly rolling subscription (as referred to in paragraphs 3.3, 6.3 and 6.5.3 below):
- Option 1: Fixed term subscriptions: you may select a fixed subscription period (of either 26 weeks or 12 months) after which the contract between us will end automatically. This option is available only when subscribing on our website.
- Option 2: Minimum term renewal subscription: subscription is for a minimum initial term of 3 months and, following such minimum initial term, will renew automatically on a monthly basis unless you cancel in accordance with paragraph 6.5.2 below. This option is available only when subscribing on our website.
- Option 3: In-App monthly rolling subscription: the subscription may only be entered into as an in-App purchase. The subscription will renew automatically at the end of the current monthly subscription period unless you cancel in accordance with paragraph 6.5.3 below.
- You have a right to change your mind about your subscription within the first 14 days of your order, please see paragraph 6.4 below
- When you subscribe to paid-for content, the price will be made clear during the order process. You agree to pay the price that is stated at the time of your order. You also agree to the billing frequency and payment method stated at the time of your order.
- Options 1 and 2: We accept all major credit and debit cards. We will charge or debit your payment method at the beginning of your subscription. Billing will continue according to the cycle stated at the time of your order and payments will be in advance in accordance with that stated cycle. Proof of purchase will be sent to the registered email address.
- Option 3: The accepted payment methods are indicated at the time of your in-App purchase. You will be charged at the beginning of your subscription. Billing will continue according to the cycle stated at the time of your purchase and payments will be in advance in accordance with that stated cycle. Please see the relevant app store terms for further information.
- A subscription may become invalid if we are unable to collect payment.
- If you pay for your subscription by Direct Debit, we will adhere to the guidelines set out in the Direct Debit Guarantee. This information is detailed in the welcome and payment confirmation email.
- Options 1 and 2: If you pay for your subscription by credit card, details will be included in your welcome email. The payment will appear as “JPI Media Publishing Ltd” on your credit card statement. If you pay by direct debit, your direct debit payment will appear as “JPI Media Publishing Ltd” on your bank statement.
- Exclusive or Introductory Offers: If you take up an exclusive or introductory offer your subscription price will automatically revert to a higher price once your offer period ends unless you terminate your subscription as outlined below. Please refer to your welcome email for full details.
- Fixed Term Subscriptions (Option 1): You will not be able to terminate your subscription during the fixed subscription period you have chosen (either 26 weeks or 12 months), although please see paragraph 6.4 below on your right to change your mind within the first 14 days of your order.
- Minimum Term Renewal Subscription (Option 2): You will not be able to terminate your subscription during the minimum initial term of 3 months, although please see paragraph 6.4 below on your right to change your mind within the first 14 days of your order.
- In-App monthly rolling subscription (Option 3): You may terminate your subscription at any time. Please also see paragraph 6.4 below on your right to change your mind within the first 14 days of your order.
- Termination within 14 days of subscribing: You may cancel your subscription within 14 days of subscribing and you shall receive a refund of any payment that you have paid to us without undue delay (using the same payment method used by you to purchase your subscription, unless you agree otherwise) and, in any event, not later than 14 days after you cancel provided that we shall be entitled to retain payment for any time period during which the paid-for content has been available to you before cancellation. Unlimited access to the paid-for content will stop immediately.
- Termination after 14 days of subscribing: If you do not cancel your subscription within 14 days of subscribing, then:
- Fixed Term Website Subscriptions (Option 1): Your subscription will end automatically at midnight on the last day of the selected fixed term subscription period.
- Minimum Term Renewal Website Subscription (Option 2): Your subscription will initially last for the minimum initial term of 3 months and will then automatically continue for further periods of one (1) month until you cancel your subscription. You may send us notification to cancel your subscription at any time (subject to the below) but your subscription will only terminate at midnight on the last day of the current subscription period. We must receive your notice at least 7 days before the end of the current subscription period. If notice of your intention to cancel your subscription is not received by us at least 7 days before the end of the current subscription period, then your subscription will automatically renew for one (1) month and will terminate at midnight on the last day of that further subscription period.
- In-App monthly rolling subscription (Option 3): You may cancel your subscription at any time (subject to the below) but your subscription will only terminate after the current subscription period. You must cancel using the method and within the timescales set out in the relevant app store terms. If you cancel your subscription after the deadline for cancellation set out in the app store terms, then your subscription will automatically renew for one (1) month and will terminate after that further subscription period.
- You stop paying for your subscription: If you stop paying for your subscription, we may terminate your subscription immediately without any liability to you and you will not be entitled to a refund of any money you have already paid for your subscription. This paragraph is subject to paragraph 6.4.
- Where we may stop or suspend your subscription: We may stop or suspend providing the subscription to you at any time if we consider that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions by notifying you at the registered email address.
- How to cancel your subscription:
- Fixed Term Subscriptions (Option 1) and Minimum Term Renewal Subscription (Option 2): you can change or cancel your subscription at any time by calling our Customer Care on 0800 0820628. You may also change or cancel your subscription by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. You may also print off the form here and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of your subscription and your name and address.
- Where you have subscribed as an in-App purchase (Option 3): you can cancel via the app store through which you downloaded the App. Please see the relevant app store terms for further information.
- Our Liability: We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the subscription for private use. If you use the subscription for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and for breach of your legal rights in relation to the subscription service.
- Amendments: We may make amendments to these Terms and Conditions to reflect changes in the law or in how we conduct our business. If we amend these Terms and Conditions we will notify you by sending an email to the registered email address or using an in-App notification and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any services paid for but not received.
- Transfer: We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- Rights of other Parties: Nobody else, other than the app store (where this is expressly stated in the relevant app store terms), has any rights under these Terms and Conditions. Your contract is between you and us.
- Enforceability: If a court finds part of these Terms and Conditions illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver of Rights: Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms and Conditions, we can still enforce them later. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the subscription, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Delays outside our control: If our supply of the subscription service is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the subscription and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings: These terms are governed by English law and the courts of England shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these terms or their subject matter or formation. If you live in England you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Our Contact Details
Telephone: 0800 0820628