BY DOWNLOADING ANY OF OUR APPS, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD/USE OUR APPS.
Who we are
These Terms and Conditions apply to all apps of JPIMedia Publications Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with registered number 11575526, having its registered address at Northcliffe House, Derry Street, London, W8 5TT (“we” or “us”).
Our VAT number is 335 3843 96.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 0800 0820628. Address: i Subscriptions, Regal Place, Maxwell Road, London, SW6 2HD
Additional Terms and Conditions
These terms outline how you may use our apps. The following additional terms and conditions may also apply to you:
- Subscription or service terms and conditions – if you purchase a service and/or any paid-for content in connection with our apps;
- Terms and Conditions of Acceptance of Advertisements – if you purchase any advertising space from us;
- Competitions Policy – if you enter into any competition we may be running; and
Access to particular areas of our apps may be subject to additional terms to which you must consent in order to use those areas. Your access to and use of third party app stores may be subject to third party app store terms.
- Links. No metatags hyperlinks or other forms of linkage whatsoever to any third party website may be inserted to the content within our apps without our prior express written consent (e.g. through any comment section). You may only link to any content within our apps, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to any content of our apps in any website that is not owned by you. Our app interfaces or other content must not be framed by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in the below section SUBMITTING CONTENT.
- Viruses. We do not guarantee that our apps will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to download and access our apps. You should use your own virus protection software. If you knowingly send or infect any of our apps with a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful then we retain the right at our sole discretion to pursue you for all legal fees (including our own and those of any third party), losses, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by us as a result of your actions. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our apps, the server on which any app content is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our apps. You must not attack any of our apps via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack or otherwise commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our apps will cease immediately.
- Do not rely on Content. The content on the apps is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- Third Party Content. We are not responsible for websites or other third party content we link to. Where our apps contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites / content or of any information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources.
- Liability. We accept no liability in respect of the content of any third party material appearing on our apps or the content of any other website to which any of our apps may be linked or may contain links to from time to time. We make no warranty in respect of the contents of our apps and accept no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever and however arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of access to and/or use of our apps including without limitation acting or failing to act in reliance on any information contained within our apps. No limit or exclusion of liability contained within these terms will apply in so far as it relates to any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- Indemnity. You understand that you are personally responsible for your behaviour while using our apps, and agree to indemnify and hold us, all other companies within the same group of companies as JPIMedia Publications Limited, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including legal fees and costs) that they may incur in connection with a third party claim or otherwise, in relation to your use of our apps, the downloading and access of our apps, your violation of these terms or the rights of any third party, disclosure of membership passwords and any other matter in connection with your participation in the services/content provided through our apps.
- Suspension of an app. We do not warrant that functions of our apps and/or any app content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that we or any sources that make them available or enable them to be downloaded are free of viruses or bugs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our apps at any time without notice for business and operational reasons.
- User-generated content is not approved by us. Our apps may include information and materials uploaded by other users of our apps, including but not limited to comment sections. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our apps do not represent our views or values.
- Updates to our apps and changes to our services. From time to time we may automatically update the apps and change the services to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively we may ask you to update the apps for these reasons. If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using the app and the services.
- Changes to these terms. We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. We will notify you of a change when you next start the relevant app. If you do not accept the notified changes you will not be permitted to continue to use the app and the service.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You may not transfer apps to someone else. We are giving you personally the right to use our apps and the services as set out above. Whilst you may have sharing rights as set out above, you may not otherwise transfer the apps to someone else. If you sell any device on which the any of our apps are installed, you must remove them from it.
- We may end your rights to use the apps if you break these terms. We may end your right to use the apps at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so. If we end your rights to use the apps you must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the apps. You must also delete or remove the apps from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the apps which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
- We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of any of the apps is delayed by an event outside our control then we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay.
- Technical information. The following information is available on our website:
- minimum system, compatibility and other technical requirements applicable to our apps; and
- description of the functionality, including applicable technical protection measures, of our apps.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These terms are governed by English law and the courts of England shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these terms or their subject matter or formation. If you live in England you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the apps in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the apps in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the apps in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Copyright Notice and Licence
- Ownership. Except in the case of any content which you create, the copyright in our apps and their contents belongs to us, or has been included with the consent of other copyright owners. Reproduction in any form, printing or downloading of part or all of the contents is forbidden save in accordance with the licence granted below.
- Licence to copy for personal use: You may print copies of any item of app content in hard copy for your own personal use provided that you do not edit, alter, amend or delete any part of it or combine it with other material. You may recopy the material to individual third parties for their own personal use only if you: (i) acknowledge the relevant app as the source of the information by including such acknowledgement together with our name and address and the name of the app in the copy of the material; and (ii) inform the third party that the material may not be copied or reproduced in any way. You may not use the material for any commercial purpose or supply the material to any third party for any commercial purpose or gain.
- Web Aggregation: If you are a paid-for web aggregator, you require a licence to redistribute the content of our apps. Licences can be obtained through the Newspaper Licensing Agency (www.nla.co.uk).
- No Transmission. No part of our apps or their contents may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Any waiver of, or failure to delay to enforce, this provision by us in the event of any breach of it on one or more occasion shall not prevent us from subsequently enforcing it in respect of that or any condition breach.
1. Ownership. If you submit content to our apps (including, without limitation, any text, photograph, graphics, video or audio), you grant us an irrevocable, transferable, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute and display in public that content in any form and media within or in connection with our apps, at no cost to us and for as long as we require and you warrant that you own or have rights to the intellectual property in such content and have the right to grant this licence. This licence includes the right to grant sub-licences. You waive any moral rights in your contribution. You will indemnify us and keep us indemnified from and against all costs, claims, damages and expenses made against or incurred by us as a result of a third party alleging that the use of such content by us infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
2. Submissions. When submitting content, you agree not to do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate or infringe the rights of any person or entity (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, confidentiality, or rights of privacy); or
- upload or transmit any material which is unlawful, illegal, indecent, defamatory, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually orientated or otherwise offensive or objectionable, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or condones illegal or unlawful behaviour, ; or
- post content which could be in contempt of court or which could break a court injunction or interdict – this means not posting anything that risks prejudicing on-going or forthcoming court proceedings (such as naming an individual or speculating as to their current whereabouts after a court has issued an injunction or interdict against doing so); or
- post content indicating your intention to commit an illegal act;
- post content which incites people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred; or
- reveal any personal information about yourself (for example your telephone number, location, home address or email address) or third parties; or
- upload or transmit files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received and can prove all necessary consents; or
- upload or transmit any materials that infringe any patent, trade mark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party; or
- upload or transmit material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as confidential information); or
- upload or transmit any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or other electronic device; or
- use the system of uploading or transmitting content (or any part thereof) in a way that may cause the system (or the servers or networks connected to the system) to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the system is in any way impaired; or
- where you are not the author of any material you are uploading or transmitting, delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations within the material.
We have the right to remove any posting you make if, in our sole opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above or you have otherwise breached these Terms and Conditions.
- Over the age of 16 or 18. You must be over the age of 18 (or 16 years or older if you live in Scotland) to post any content within our apps.