BY ENTERING THE WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN PLEASE LEAVE THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
website Terms & Conditions
Who we are
This website (and any of its subdomains) are operated by us (“the Website”). These Terms and Conditions apply to this website and any other website or device application operated by a JPIMedia Limited company from time to time.
The publisher of the website is JPIMedia Publishing Limited (company number 11499982) or a subsidiary of JPIMedia Publishing Limited. JPIMedia Publishing Limited, and all of its subsidiaries’, registered address is 1 King Street, London EC2V 8AU (“the Publisher” or “we” or “us”).
Our VAT number is 308 6657 81.
Our main trading address is 1 King Street, London EC2V 8AU
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Additional Terms and Conditions
These terms outline how you may use our Website. Additional terms and conditions may also apply to you:
- Terms and Conditions of Acceptance of Advertisements if you purchase any advertising space from us;
- Competitions Policy if you enter into any competition we may be running; and
Access to particular areas of the Website may be subject to additional terms to which you must consent in order to use those areas.
- Links. No metatags hyperlinks or other forms of linkage whatsoever to any other site may be imposed on the Website without the prior express written consent of the Publisher. You may only link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you. Our Website must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in the below section SUBMITTING CONTENT
- Viruses. We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software. If you knowingly send or infect the Website with a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful then the Publisher retains the right at its sole discretion to pursue you for all legal fees (including its own and those of any third party), damages and other expenses that may be incurred by it as a result of your actions. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
- Do not rely on Content. The content on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- Third Party Content. We are not responsible for websites we link to. Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Liability. The Publisher accepts no liability in respect of the content of any third party material appearing on the Website or in respect of the content of any other website to which the Website may be linked or may contain links to from time to time. The Publisher makes no warranty in respect of the contents of this Website and accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever and however arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of access to and/or use of this Website including without limitation acting or failing to act in reliance on any information contained herein. No limit or exclusion of liability contained within these terms will apply in so far as it relates to any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- Indemnity. You understand that you are personally responsible for your behaviour while on the Website, and agree to indemnify and hold the Publisher, all other companies within the JPiMedia Limited group, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including legal fees and costs) that they may incur in connection with a third party claim or otherwise, in relation to your use of the Website, access to the Website, your violation of either these terms or the rights of any third party, disclosure of membership passwords and any other matter in connection with your participation in the services on the Website.
- Suspension of Website. The Publisher does not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Publisher or the server(s) that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website at any time without notice for business and operational reasons. User-generated content is not approved by us. The Website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including but not limited to comment sections. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- Amendments. We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- Territory. This Website and services are directed to people residing in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland (as applicable) only. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Save where specifically indicated otherwise, in respect of users residing in the UK, the Website and its contents are targeted only at UK residents and goods and services offered are available only to UK residents. In respect of users residing in the Republic of Ireland save where specifically indicated otherwise, the Website and its contents are targeted only at ROI residents and goods and services offered are available only to ROI residents.
Copyright Notice and Licence
- Ownership. Except in the case of any content which you create, the copyright in the Website and its contents belongs to the Publisher, or has been included with the consent of other copyright owners. Reproduction in any form, printing or downloading of part or all of the contents is forbidden save in accordance with the licence granted below.
- Licence to copy for personal use: You may print copies of any item in hard copy for your own personal use provided that you do not edit, alter, amend or delete any part of it or combine it with other material. You may recopy the material to individual third parties for their own personal use only if you: (i) acknowledge the Website as the source of the information by including such acknowledgement together with the address of the Publisher and the Website in the copy of the material; and (ii) inform the third party that the material may not be copied or reproduced in any way. You may not use the material for any commercial purpose or supply the material to any third party for any commercial purpose or gain.
- Web Aggregation: If you are a paid-for web aggregator you require a licence to redistribute the content of this site. Licences can be obtained through the Newspaper Licensing Agency (www.nla.co.uk).
- No Transmission. No part of the Website or the contents thereof may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Any waiver of, or failure to delay to enforce, this provision by the Publisher in the event of any breach of it on one or more occasion shall not prevent it from subsequently enforcing it in respect of that or any condition breach.
1. Ownership. If you submit content to the Publisher (including without limitation any text, photograph, graphics, video or audio), you grant the Publisher an irrevocable, transferable, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute and display in public that content in any form and media on or in connection with the Website, at no cost to us and for as long as we require and you warrant that you own or have rights to the intellectual property in such content and have the right to grant this licence. You waive any moral rights in your contribution. You will indemnify us and keep us indemnified from and against all costs, claims, damages and expenses made against or incurred by us as a result of a third party alleging that the use of such content by us infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
2. Submissions. When submitting content, you agree not to do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate or infringe the rights of any person or entity (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, confidentiality, or rights of privacy); or
- upload or transmit any material which is unlawful, illegal, condones illegal or unlawful behaviour, indecent, defamatory, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually orientated or otherwise offensive or objectionable, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or
- post content which could be in contempt of court or which could break a court injunction or interdict – this means not posting anything that risks prejudicing on-going or forthcoming court proceedings (such as naming an individual or speculating as to their current whereabouts after a court has issued an injunction or interdict against doing so). or
- post content indicating your intention to commit an illegal act;
- post content which incites people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred; or
- reveal any personal information about yourself (for example your telephone number, location, home address or email address) or third parties; or
- upload or transmit files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received and can prove all necessary consents; or
- upload or transmit any materials that infringe any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party; or
- upload or transmit material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as confidential information); or
- upload or transmit any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted files or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or other electronic device; or
- use the system of uploading or transmitting content (or any part thereof) in a way that may cause the system (or the servers or networks connected to the system) to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the system is in any way impaired; or
- where you are not the author of any material you are uploading or transmitting, delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations within the material.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Website if, in our sole opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out above or you have otherwise breached these Terms and Conditions.
- Over the age of 16. You must be over the age of 16 to post any content on our Website.
Disability Access Statement
The Website has been built in compliance with W3C WAI standard Single A, to ensure accessibility to all users, irrespective of their physical ability.
Great effort has been employed to ensure old content meets the above standards. Due to high volumes of content not all old content meets the W3C WAI standards.
The Publisher is dedicated to supporting all users. If you experience any difficulties using the Website please contact the Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.